iGracias built in conjunction with the establishment of the Telkom University, Telkom University was formed from the merger of four institutions of higher education under the Yayasan Pendidikan Telkom (Telkom Foundation). Telkom University was formally established on July 17, 2013 by the Minister of Education and Culture 270/E/O/2013 on approval of the merger of the three institutions, namely Telkom Institute of Technology (IT Telkom), Telkom Institute of Management (IM Telkom), and Telkom Polytechnic. But then the decision was amended by Decision 309/E/O/2013 states that Telkom School of Art and Design (STISI Telkom) merged to become part of the Telkom University.
Due to any educational institution previously had a system of mutual information with different characteristics ranging from applications to infrastructure and has been running long enough. Each application has its own platform to match the needs and capabilities of each institution. The construction of iGracias should be able to accommodate all the data from each institution, an application that can receive data from different BISPRO (business processes). Beyond the data, the resources of each institution should still be used before and are used to form a new platform.
The establishment of the Directorate of Information Systems (SISFO) under 1st Vice-Rector of Tel-U, to transform units SISFO from previous institutions to be more integrated in collecting electronic data from the applications prior institutions. Import data, cleansing the data from the old application to iGracias already underway when the declaration of unification of educational institutions under YPT in August 2013. iGracias must already be actively used (start operated to endorse campus services) when the legality of the establishment of the Telkom University issued by Kemenristekdikti in September 2013.
Formation of human resources of previous SISFO institutions involved in the development iGracias (included in the HR of Directorate SISFO) in order to obtain information about the system information even cultural use of information systems at the previous institution.
In the implementation iGracias also experiencing some constraints, so development of iGracias is very dynamic follow the flow of business processes which is still a lot of change. Each institution previously had a business process that is different, so for the first half year previous organization’s application was still used in parallel in conjunction with the use of iGracias, we do this to support the admins that usually enter the data, still can input data in accordance habit if they do not understand with iGracias.
The change from 4 higher education institution into 7 Faculties with 27 Prodi (Program Study) influencing the policy of standard data in iGracias, with the passage of time, institution eventually agreed to make standard for each faculty and the study program, for example in terms of standard of value. Due to the parallel old applications still used and still in the process of searching for the most appropriate business processes. With the architectural differences between the old application with iGracias, on the technical side of information systems, it makes the work harder to do the cleansing of the data so that the data is contained in iGracias always accurate and integrate reviews these systems to be user friendly, easy to understand, and make people want to use it.
The usage habits of Information system technology of the old institutions (different cultures) makes socialization approach to every faculty, study program, even a little unit, made with a different approach, and it takes time and effort for a long time.
The most common obstacle:
- During the development process often occurs constraints that is due to the agency through management units are still searching for the most appropriate business processes, so that the application side is still not stable, they do adjust demand changes institution/administrative management units. Dynamic and sustainable changes that sometimes makes the end-user confusion (students, faculty, and administrative staff), especially when the socialization also done too late. All of these things make the people lazy to use iGracias.
- For now live production, the obstacles often faced is that the user is not much familiar with iGracias system, so what to do what you can and that is not for a user not everyone understood. It could also be because they do not read manualbook in iGracias. It made there are some data is not loaded as it should.
- The new discovery of bugs in the application, so that when used is not running properly. And it makes people reluctant to use iGracias.
- Not all zoned area has an internet network also become an additional obstacle most frequently encountered, the user complaint can not access iGracias or perhaps when disconnected access.
Solution to problem:
- Organizations establish business processes that have been agreed.
- Made information systems development plan for the next few years as outlined in the strategic plan.
- In the documents governing their standard framework, in iGracias development, construction of structures and master data, management and development of infrastructure to support iGracias, a development plan within iGracias modules per year, and management of digital content.
- The use of standardized iGracias in campus regulations, so that it becomes mandatory and comprehensive on campus, so that no activity data not captured in iGracias.
- IGracias socialization is done continuously at every opportunity activities of the institution/unit, and evaluated periodically.
- Institutions are setting targets for each accomplishment, so any development iGracias will follow the agency’s plan, adjusting to the needs and capabilities of the institution.
- Every human resources to develop iGracias, included training routine periodically, to keep up to date on the development of information and communication technologies.
Internet Coverage Area at Bandung Techno-Plex